- Cheapest Way To Ship FedEx Or UPS
- Cheapest Way To Ship USPS
- When to Use FedEx
- UPS Packaging Tips And Tricks For Heavy Duty Shipments
- When to Use UPS
- Welcome to Shipping Sidekick!
- Save up to 60% on shipping almost anything to almost anywhere!
- Visit the Shipping Sidekick Homepage and see for yourself.
Cheapest Way To Ship FedEx Or UPS
Shipping large packages used to be very costly with very few options. All that has changed in recent years with more shipping options becoming available and web access to real-time shipping rates which allows you to find the cheapest way to ship large packages instantly.
Our website is designed to help you compare rates between the shipping companies, fast and easy. No more having to go to each shipper's website to compare rates.
Cheapest Way To Ship USPS
You can now find the absolute cheapest way to ship large packages in minutes with Shipping Sidekick.
When looking for the cheapest way to ship large packages one should consider a number of things in both the packing of the shipment and the selection of a shipping company.
Here are a few tips we've assembled to help you in the packing and shipping of large items:
Ready To Ship?
Get the Cheapest Way To Ship Large Packages Here
- Choose a box with enough room for cushioning material around the contents. If you are reusing boxes, cover all previous labels and markings with heavy black marker or adhesive labels.
- When reusing boxes, make sure the structural integrity of the box is intact.
A box that is floppy or soft is not suitable for shipping.
- Do not wrap packages in paper or bind them with twine – this can cause them to get caught in conveyor belts or to be ripped during handling.
UPS will not accept packages wrapped in paper or bound in twine.
- Enclose an extra address label, business card or letterhead with the shipper's address and phone number and the recipient's address and phone number inside the package before sealing it. If the outer packaging gets damaged the shipper will still have the return information. Also be sure to add a return address on the outside of the box in at least 2 places.
- Use an appropriate size box.
This is especially important for large shipments. A box which is too small does not allow adequate space for cushioning.
A box which is too large leaves too much room for an item to shift and may be charged a surcharge.
- Put 3" of cushioning, such as air-cellular cushioning, loose fill peanuts, corrugated fiberboard, foam pads, crumpled paper or molded plastic, on all sides of the container to fill void spaces and prevent movement of goods inside the box during shipping.
Recycle packing material when possible.
Close and shake the box to see if you've used enough. If your item shakes or shifts, add more.
- Place goods that might be affected by dirt, water or wet conditions inside a plastic bag.
- Consolidate small parts or spillable granular products in a strong sealed container.
- Double-box fragile items with 3 inches of cushioning in and around the smaller box.
- Wrap items fragile individually with cushioning material and center them in cartons away from other items and away from the sides, corners, top and bottom of the container.
- Position bottles that contain liquids upright.
Use an inner seal and perforated breakaway cap.
The inner packaging must be able to contain leaks.
- It's absolutely vital that your customs forms are filled out properly and entirely if you are shipping internationally. When shipping online the carriers will direct you to the proper forms to fill out.
When to Use FedEx
When shipping packages internationally from a retail location ask the for proper forms. Make sure everything is filled out accurately and DO NOT try to falsify the value or the contents.
UPS Packaging Tips And Tricks For Heavy Duty Shipments
This can result in criminal penalties and is certainly not worth saving a few dollars in tariffs. Remember, you are looking for the cheapest "legal" way to ship large packages.
Compare Rates Between Shipping Companies
- You'll be amazed at how much the rates vary between carriers, even on the same package.
When to Use UPS
To find the cheapest way to ship large packages it is absolutely essential that you compare rates between shipping companies. You can do this by going to each shippers website or with the Shipping Sidekick Large Package Rate Calculator.
We hope these simple tips with save you money and headaches when you are shipping. By following these tips you are well on your way to the cheapest way to ship large packages.